It’s been awhile since I’ve shared some distractions of mine so you’d think I’d have compiled quite a list. Not so. Mainly because I’ve been sucked into the vortex we call work. Here are a few nonetheless:
1. The podcast “This American Life”. Thought provoking. Emotional. Each episode possesses a theme and then you hear various anecdotes and opinions centred on this theme. You can find it free on iTunes. Learn about it here.
2. Love all the homes on this site.
3. The AMC series “Hell on Wheels“. I’ve downloaded all of them off iTunes. A great “Western” fix and Mr. Bohannon ain’t bad to set yer eyes on either.
4. The novel “The Book of Human Skin”. I’ve just started reading it and I’m hooked. Nuns in 18th century France are anything but boring.
5. This site made me laugh. Especially the links on cats.
6. Glen Miller’s “Moonlight Serenade”. 1939 enchantment. I challenge you to listen to it and NOT smile.
7. “Brick” magazine. To bad I have to go to Edmonton to buy it.
Have a wonderfully winter week everyone.