What I’ve discovered this week:
1. Mr. Doob sketchy project page. So MUCH fun. You’ll have to check it out for yourself to see what I mean. Use your cursor to draw. Alter the line type. My favourite is “ribbon”.
2 The novel “Little Bee” by Chris Cleave. This was one of those book I hadn’t heard or read anything about but picked up randomly off the bookstore shelf and was so intrigued by what I read at the back of the book jacket I just HAD to buy it.
3. I SERIOUSLY want to stay at the CrazyBear at Beaconsfield. I’ve placed it on my bucket list. Doesn’t it look fabulous? It congers up images of riding on the moors in a horse-drawn carriage late at night and frantically looking for an inn to take refuge. Low and behold…you find the Crazybear! There is a strong sense of romanticism and adventure about it.
4. The blog “Hyperbole and a Half“. I want this woman’s childish imagination and sense of fun. I laugh every time I visit. You can always see glimmers of your own childhood in the portrayal of her own…in a creepy kind of way.
5. The Diesel Black Gold Collection. I love denim. Like most people, it’s my “go to” comfort fabric. My favourite in this collection is this cute denim dress:
The purses in this collections are lovely as well.
5. The earthquakes and tsunamis that have struck Japan have reminded the world how frighteningly awe-inspiring the forces of mother nature can be. The Globe and Mail have published some very sobering and incredible photos of this catastrophic event.
Have a great weekend everyone!