Another post where I vent my pet peeves. Must be the kind of week I’m having, the kind where whenever I look for a silver lining all I find is cobwebs and crumbs. So, I’m going to cathartically list all the “little” things that have annoyed me this week. Are you ready? Some of them are startlingly trivial, but like a teensy sliver stuck in a thumb they’ve been irritating to the point of supreme festerdom.
1. People who spit. Seriously. Eww, eww and eww. When is it ever appropriate or sanitary for that matter to spew any sort of body fluid in a public place? I find evidence on sidewalks, in hallways in malls AND at school, shooting out of car windows. AND what is worse is spit with chew! Rude and disgusting and fines should be doled out.
2. People who block one nostril to snort out the contents of the other nostril…AGAIN in public. And I always thought it was only senile old men who have missed placed their handkerchief who do this. I’m not saying anything more except a quadruple fine should be given for this one.
3. Women at Winners who use a cart, pile it up with merchandise then block the aisle. Usually a screaming child is sitting in said cart.
4. People who don’t know what they’re talking about.
5. When the city decides to remove the solid, granite like glacier that used to be a windrow of snow, using what I’m assuming to be a gigantic ice chipper all at 3:45 in the morning.
6. Waking up at 4:00 in the morning all week for no apparent reason. The only good thing about this is that the ice chipper mentioned in #5 didn’t actually wake me up…it just annoyed the crap out of me.
7. Thursdays that feel like Fridays. Worse yet, Wednesdays that feel like Fridays.
8. Having to wear my “bloat” pants.
9. People who don’t pick up their pet poop.
10. Sour coffee cream on a carton that possesses an expiration date that has yet to arrive.
11. Tidying up your workspace then not being able to find anything.
12. Putting your car keys/credit card/ computer password in a “safe” place than not remembering where that “safe” place is.
13. Stinky feet on someone wearing summer footwear…in the winter (Lisa C I borrowed this one from you!)
14. When the debit machine at the drive thru at Starbucks is out-of-order.
15. Pouty poses in pictures by women who should know better.
That’s it for today. Hmm, the list isn’t as long as I had anticipated. What would you put on your list this week?