Ever come home after a long day at work feeling as though the day was a crappy one? Not because of one particular BAD event happening but a combination of a bunch of little things that have just sort of ruffled your feathers and furrowed your brow? Here are the things that made me “go grump” today:
• Cleaning my coffee maker with vinegar, running hundreds of pots of water through it and STILL having my cream curdle. And being too tired to notice until drinking half a mug.
• Rain. In the winter. In Northern Alberta.
• A paper cut first thing in the morning.
• Having someone use “per se” fourteen times in a four minute conversation.
• Putting my bag of Yoghurt Gummies in the freezer to stop myself from eating the whole bag… then coming home after a grumpy day and finding my bag of Yoghurt Gummies in the freezer.
• How adult diaper commercials “try” to be dignified.
• Eating a healthy lunch consisting mostly of vegetables…which probably contributed to the bloat
Looking at my list I realize that most of these are pretty petty. I’m thinking that sometimes it’s a good thing to write down all the annoying “happenings’ of your day to see how truly insignificant they are.
Seems as though my day was a pretty good one after all.
Except for the Yoghurt Gummy incident.